Friday 26 April 2013

Something for the weekend 25

The last 14 days have flown by, I was caught up in stuff outside work last weekend and it slipped my mind to make a post (doh).

First things first, I have had a Mug Shot interview in Total Tattoo this month, this is a transcription of it:

What would you eat for your last meal on earth?
Hog roast, my love of pork is well known in the shop.

If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would buy?
1st class tickets to Japan, my spiritual homeland. Even with the language barrier I immediately felt at home in Tokyo.
Japan is a culture of contrasts that has keep me enthralled for many years.

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
If resurrection was possible, I'd like it to be Toshiro Mifune, but it's more likely to be Brian the dog from Family Guy.

What song would be the soundtrack to your life?
Music for Eighteen Musicians by Steve Reich. Complex with many layers, however it irritates the buggery out of most people.

What would your super power be?
Thinking before I speak (a herculean task for me) conversely writing this is taking me much longer than I thought it would.

What achievement are you most proud of?
In my personal life it's my son, he is as strong willed as both myself and my wife. It's a joy to see him discovering the world around him.
In my professional life it would be receiving compliments from Japanese Irezumi masters about my work.

What is your biggest regret?
I generally don't do regret, life is too short and I always try and focus on the moment.
If we spent more time concentrating on the here and now, rather than wishing for a return to the 'good old days' maybe we would live in a better world?

What is your favourite tattoo that you have done and why?
The first bodysuit I finished last year, it was the piece that really helped me gain a deeper understanding of Irezumi.
It was the tattoo that saw my work come of age and enabled me to develop me freehand technique.
I owe a great deal to my customer for putting so much faith in me.

What keeps you awake at night?
I can sleep pretty much anywhere, so nothing really. Although sometimes ideas for tattoos or paintings will do it.

What is the best lesson life has taught you?
If you don't ask, you don't get. Make things happen, sitting around waiting for 'your ship' to come in is somewhat pointless.
Grab life and rinse it for all it's worth without doing harm to others.

How would you like to be remembered?
I'd like to be remembered as honest, reliable and being a straight talker.
Although being remembered will be enough.

Finish this sentence:
Ade is always searching out various ways of making things complicated for himself, but who wants an easy life?


I'm putting the final touches to my new look website/blog over the weekend. Hopefully I can get it sorted out by the end of next week.

Finally I managed to move a few tattoos along, here are some pictures of the progress.
Cheers







No comments:

Post a Comment