Friday 28 September 2012

Something for the weekend 5

I've had this week off of work and like most times my body decided that I was due a head cold, which combined with the bad weather we've had in Brighton, means I got some drawing done.

I have a tricky cover-up to do next month and it was the perfect time to try and get my head around some ideas for it. The client has requested Shishi (Temple dog/Foo dogs) a male, female and a cub.
Below is sleeve I've done before but due to the cover-up and the client request, I wont be able to use as much colour in the new work.

The plan is to have the male at the top of the arm (his mouth is open) and the female and cub on the forearm.
These are rough sketch's that I will either stencil on and refine as I tattoo, or use as a reference and draw them straight on to the skin.



Finally with the rest of my time off I decided to do a smallish (A3) coloured image. I haven't drawn any snakes for a while so I went with that and peony. The initial sketch was drawn out with a 3h pencil and gone over with a fine line pen. It was then traced on to Bristol paper and coloured using copic markers.

The first doodle, the red pen is used to make additions and corrections.



Part way through colouring


The finished article, if I receive enough interest I may do prints of this.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks ade, always interesting to see your thought process. Love the designs.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating stuff - I always wondered about the different coloured lines I've seen on this type of sketch :)

    ReplyDelete